Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CREEP MACHINE 22


René Campbell is an artist working out of Adelaide, Australia. I stumbled upon this digital painting browsing around Reddit. Not the most amazing place to find art, but there are some great finds there if you look around. The moment after I saw this piece, entitled Curiosity, I knew I had to share it here. René is 18 years old, is completely self-taught, and aspires to be a successful artist. While this is of course the goal for every artist, I think René will do quite well. If this is the caliber of work she is currently producing, imagine in the next few years what we will be seeing. This piece is 100% digital and took between 4-50 hours. Head on over to René’s Society6 page for more. Also, make sure to click the image to see a larger version, all that detail is worth it.

   

Long time readers of the site might remember the work of Minjae Lee; one of the earlier featured artists, and still one of the most searched for key words on the site. It’s been a few years since I have taken a look to see what Minjae Lee was up to, but this past week I checked out his website and was blown away. Not only has he updated his website, but there is now the option to order limited and open edition prints of some of the paintings. I spent quite a while looking through the site, and am featuring 3 works from 2012, I highly suggest you head over to the site and check out the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment